Your legacy is the lasting mark that you leave on the world. Whether you have a large family or a small one, or a large estate or a small one, you can make a difference if you create an advanced plan for what happens after you have passed away. Legacy planning allows you to ensure you can set and achieve goals, protect your assets, and be remembered for something good. Giving to charity, providing a secure future for your children, and supporting people and causes you care about are all possible with legacy planning.
Kulas Law Group, P.A. Attorneys at Law helps individuals of all ages with creating their legacy plan. Whether you are young and want to set goals so you’ll be in a position to leave a large inheritance or whether you are older and thinking about the end of your life, we can provide you with the advice and the assistance you need.
Our legal team understands how important your legacy is and we will arm you with the tools needed to set and achieve your goals. Contact us to learn more about the assistance our Port St. Lucie legacy planning lawyers can offer and to get answers to questions including:
- What does legacy planning mean?
- How can I create a legacy plan?
- How can a Vero Beach legacy planning lawyer help me?
What Does Legacy Planning Mean?
Legacy planning is a broad area which can encompass many different things. Legacy planning may involve:
- Defining goals for your future. Do you want to create wealth that will provide for future generations? Pay off a family home to leave to your kids? Give gifts to charities? You need to define what you hope to accomplish and how you want to be remembered.
- Creating a financial plan to achieve those goals. How much should you be saving and how should you be investing it?
- Taking steps to protect the assets that you are acquiring. You don’t want your assets lost because you need to pay for a nursing home, because of a lawsuit against your business, or because your heirs aren’t smart about managing money.
- Using different legal tools to create a comprehensive estate plan, such as wills and trusts. You want to ensure property transfers seamlessly to the people or causes you wish to give it to.
- Business succession planning. If you have built a company, you need to make sure that you facilitate its transfer to the next owners after you are no longer in charge.
Legacy planning could also mean giving inter vivos gifts (gifts during your lifetime) and finding the best solutions- like the creation of a charitable remainder trust – to support the causes that you believe in.
How Can I Create a Legacy Plan?
Your legacy plan should be personalized to you. An experienced legacy planning attorney can help you to define what your legacy should be and can then assist you in using the appropriate legal tools to achieve it. Your plan may include the use of trusts to protect assets, to plan for incapacity or to give charitable gifts in advantageous ways. Your plan may also include addressing the future of your business, exploring tax-advantaged investing and finding ways to provide for your heirs while making sure the money is well-spent.
Because your situation is unique to you, you need the type of personalized advice that only a legal professional can provide to you. The sooner you define what you hope to achieve and begin taking concrete steps to realize your dreams, the more likely it is that the legacy you leave behind will change lives.
How can a Vero Beach Legacy Planning Lawyer Help Me?
Kulas Law Group, P.A. Attorneys at Law will discuss with you your goals for your legacy and will assist you in determining what steps need to be taken to achieve your plans. We can help to maximize the tax advantages of savings and of gifts you provide, to protect your assets, and to create an estate plan that will appropriately distribute your wealth after your death.
Our legal team is trusted with legacy planning by clients throughout Port St. Lucie and Vero Beach, FL and we are serious about helping all of our clients to make the mark they want on the world. To learn more about the ways in which we can help you to take control and ensure you are remembered for the positive contributions you have made, give us a call at 772-398-0720 or contact us online.